Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

WEak ... Weak ... weak...

"To the weak I became weak, so that I might win the weak..."
1 Cor 9:22

Reading
John 12:20-32; 1Cor 9:19-23

Becoming "weak", carrying the cross, hating one's own life. All this is the meaning of a Christian. Jesus realized his glorification as process of falling to the ground and dying (John 12:23-24). Is this our idea of "glory" as a Christian. 

Following Christ demands, hating and loosing his own life, which perfectly resounds in Paul's own words, "I am free...I have made myself slave to all" (1Cor 9:19). Is this sounding uncomfortable to us? Paul adds, "I became weak" to win weak. World does not need sympathy, but needs solidarity. Becoming weak for the weak. Losing along with the losers.

Jesus said, "
where I am, there will my servant be also." If we call ourselves servant's of Jesus Christ. Now, the question of early disciples comes back to us again, "where are you staying?" (John 1:38). Where are we to find Christ today?

No comments:

Post a Comment